Thursday, November 25, 2010

Almost Vegetarian, Fully Hungry; Thanksgiving Edition.

A small plate with a serving of mashed potatoes.Image via Wikipedia
This is part two of my vegetarian blogging series, feel free to read part one

Today is Thanksgiving, and I have made the decision to not eat vegetarian for the day. I realized that turkey was too good to eat, and most of the stuff that my family makes for thanksgiving has some type of meat in it (i.e. gravy, bits of turkey, chicken stock, little bits of ham.) Just think, I cant pick around little bits of ham in green beans, and even if I tried to, then it would take me 3 whole hours to eat.
Now, just because I'll eat a little turkey tomorrow, doesn't mean I'm giving up on being a vegetarian. For the most part, my plate will be composed of 20% mashed potatoes, 20% green beans, 20% mac &; cheese, 20% Desert, 10% Drink and 5% turkey. Because I know that I will feel guilt driven when I eat the turkey tomorrow, I'll just have to combine foods to eat with the turkey so I won't taste it as much. I might go for the turkey-cranberry sauce- mashed potato and gravy duo.

Don't talk to me about Tofurky. See, I got some 2 months ago and left it in my freezer. This week, when I was looking for it, I realized that it was expired. Now, dont be a fool and eat expired tofu product kids. I have done it once, and it was quite good, but I didn't want to take my chances on the greatest food day ever, Thanksgiving.

I think that there should be a term for vegetarians who have to eat meat sometimes, because I have to. The main reason why I had to stop being a vegetarian was because I needed protein. I guess the protein shakes weren't' doing their part.

Even though I don't really want to eat turkey this year, I guess I should to keep myself healthy. And just to gain back the vegetarian points that I lost, I'm going to do something good for the earth tomorrow by not going to the store and getting involved in the insane madness that is Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment