Saturday, January 15, 2011

Take the Day

The Semester ended on Friday, and I now have a 4 day weekend. Today was kind of boring because I got up at noon and watched a documentary on how various types of alcohol is made. Around 2, I ate the rest of the left over pizza and thought about why my head was pounding so bad. A little while later, I watched Portlandia for the second time (http://www.ifc.com/portlandia/). Then I sat in my room and lit my new orange scented candle and relaxed for a while. I then looked at my clock and came to the realization that I'm wasting my day by not doing anything. So, I then ran 2 miles and sat on my floor and started to play guitar. Right after that I picked up my computer and started to type this blog post.

I always think that I'm wasting the day, no matter what I do. One of my various personal mottoes is "Carpe Diem" but I always wonder about what part of the day I'm seizing. I might have a whole laundry list of things that I have to do, and I might only get 3 done. Did I do what I could with the time I had? Did I waste the day? I always ask myself that question before I go to bed, and then I always realize that I forgot to do something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment