Friday, February 11, 2011

On dating

I talked to my significant other last weekend and we settled on three dating events: concerts, tattoos, and dinner. When I thought about it, I realized that I should blog about dating.


Clothing.
I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to clothes. I weir whatever I feel like wearing. I go back to my punk roots often, and I sport my handmade jacket sometimes, other times I'll feel fine with my favorite combo: band T-shirt, pants, and Doc Martens. Sometimes I feel like spoofing my debate centric life too; Blazer, Band shirt, jeans, slip-on vans. I think I cover both sides of the spectrum well, on one side I can out dress a banker, but on the other hand, I can be ready to mosh in a split second.

I just got a haircut yesterday, and its a shag and bob hybrid. I don't really think about my hair, but I knew that it was getting too long.

So how do I dress for this "Date"? Well, I have some errands that I have to do Satruday morning, so I think I'm going to weair my new green hoodie that I bought last weekend, a plain blue T-shirt, my ultra cool "faded" and "trashy" looking skinny jeans (I wear then when I go skateboarding), my bracelets that I always wear, and my slip on Vans (I shouldn't be walking though snow/slush/ice)

Communication.
I'm socially awkward, or over polite, too formal, whatever you want to call it. I don't want to focus on me, so I have to focus on them for once. Basically, what I'm trying to say is this: I don't want to talk about music, I don't want to talk about my music collection, I don't want to talk about Speech and Debate, and I sure don't want to talk about my life. That shouldn't be too hard right? Wrong.

I really don't know what to talk about, I run out of topics a lot. My thought train goes like this:
"How was your day?"
"Did anything cool happen?"
"Something cool happened to me today."
"You know what I seen today?"
"I bought this really wicked album, but I didn't bring it with me."
"I think that music education is on the decline, do you?"
"No? well thats ok."
"How about that weather?"

I might let nature take its course. If something comes up, I'll talk about it. It isn't that hard (or not like Debate for that matter).

The Converse

(not the shoes silly, the opposite side!) Here is the deal breaker, or the thing I'm fearing the most. The Significant Other yelling, running after me and throwing things. I really dont want to have the "I was working for 19 hours last weekend, I'm sorry I didn't' go to the movies with you" speech. I really don't.  That would kill me. I don't want to apologetic for being a "wishy washy date", it isn't my fault really, blame the team that needs me, blame the kids who depend on me for homework help, blame the people who need me.

We will see how it goes. I'm highly doubting a date this weekend, but it should be coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment