Monday, September 27, 2010

Dogeball.

Today was the first day of spirit week, so I played dogeball with my two clubs, Speech and Debate and Link Crew. I chose link crew because I'm still kind of mad about their "yuppyness" but despite that, I still played with my friends and kicked some serious ass. I was so good, I fell down on my knee, balanced the dogeball in my hand and threw it before I fell down and still got the person out. Yes, I'm a beast at dogeball, but I still hate every other sport that I'm not good at.

I said on facebook that "Dodgeball was invented so that angry children could attack their oppressors." That is true. Although I really dont care about who is "in" and who is "out" I still killed everyone regardless of their social standing on the ladder. If you are doing anything with speech and debate, make sure that you have some time to wait because we do everything with that darn bracket system or in other words, if you are out you go against someone who was out, regardless if they are good or not. I just so happened to be the last person on the last team that we had and I caught the ball and ended up wining for our whole team. However, this didn't mean anything because we were out the next round.

I hate the rules of dogeball sometimes because you can be counted "off sides" or you cross the "blue line" or even catch the ball and still be considered out. I got called out 8 times and I didn't even feel like getting out because I knew in my mind that I wasn't out. Still though, they ended up making us loose because I got out. No I'm not an ego person, but I do feel pretty confident in my dogeball wining abilities.

Yeah, so I'm beat up pretty bad, but at the end of the day, my Advil will make me feel better (hopefully). I'm getting home late tomorrow too because I have some debate judging to do. Whatever, I should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment