Friday, July 30, 2010

Not a good day for an academic vacation.

So this morning  I couldn't sleep. I had a dream that I was watching this play in Quebec and some French Canadian gangsters stabbed me in the kidneys. That was at 2:48 this morning. I couldn't sleep all night, so I just kind of looked at my blue wall until 5 this morning when I ate some breakfast and later brushed my teeth. I ran to my cabinet and took a White Wilow Bark Pill (the health foodie alternative to Advil) and some Ginger tablets to calm my nerves. I left at 6:45 and headed off to the University with my suitcase where I would spend all day wishing that I had more white willow and Advil to make the stabling pain in my back go away. Anyway, we had to do introductions and mine went something like this "Heeey. I'm SUPER happy to be here with you all and I hope I make some reaaaly cool friends here at camp :D" Just to say, my eyes were bloodshot like none's business and I was really pale. At snack time, I totally destroyed some chips and chex mix and had like 3 cups of lemonade. I don't really care of people thought that I was "high" because one, I don't care what people think of me, and I know that I wasn't high. I don't smoke.

I had some cold pizza for lunch. I guess the pizza was hot, but our campus tour took a little two long, so I had to eat it cold. Yeah, you might know that I'm kind of having a hard time being vegetarian, and I really wanted to have some chicken wings, but I know that those poor little chickens didn't want to become wings that a "cheating" vegatarian would eat.  So I just helped myself to some salad. It was quite good. I was the only one who took croutons.  I talked to some kids who were talking about what they did at school and I realized that these weren't the same kids that I met at band camp two weeks ago.  If these where the same kids at  band camp two weeks ago, then I wouldn't have a problem with them talking about "anime" but  I don't want to look like a jackwagon and talk about X-ray spex, or the Vivian Girls or even Patti Smith. I'll make it fine though (at least I hope so).

We left for the Amusement park around  5:30 and that wasn't too great because I remembered that I was missing the X games. It would be really nice if one of you blog readers told me who won BMX vert and Skate park final because I only seen part of those things. Whenever I close my eyes I see some guy doing a tre flip off a rail or something like that. If you have no idea what I just said, go on to the next paragraph.

Yeah, another vegetarian shock for me because I had to eat this awful mac and cheese at the amusement park (people from Colorado: what is the amusement park that charges you 20 dollars to get into? Yeah, I went to that one).  I'm happy that my mom brought me a veggie burrito for me to eat,  I just about had it with that pizza stuff. I could really use a Monster Energy drink right now. I might just pass out while typing this and its only  11:22 PM. So I'll end this soon.

I got home and I got a CD from rock camp! That means I got something new to review for my music blog. I would take it with me in the morning, but I just don't think that that would work out too well... Yeah I won't be here tomorrow because I'm staying the night. I'll be sure to write about all of the ridiculous things that we did at "academic camp" too. If anyone happens to see Cops, X-games 16, or any other TV that I shouldn't be watching anyway, tell me whats going on in a comment. I'll try to take a picture or three while I'm there.  I got the single room and everyone thinks that I'm "Lucky", but in reality, its quite cold and lonely. . . Yeah, might have to text a post about that... Yeah, I miss my blog already D:



So that's what I did today on my "academic vacation". Sorry if I had to go home and write about it. Here are two Patti Smith songs to listen to. They were kind of combining in my head today too. I think the Advil did it.

Patti Smith - Horses & Hey Joe


Patti Smith - Because The Night

No comments:

Post a Comment