Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vacation Post #1 Comic Books

If I ever want to read a book, I usually just pick up a comic book and just start to read it.  I like comic books because they are just quick reads with loads of detail in them. My favorite comic book is V for Vendetta, by Alan Moore. Yeah, he also did Watchmen and Swamp Thing, but I still like V for Vendetta for the content matter. I seen the movie, but I kind of forgot about it so, I'll have to watch it again.  Anyway V is a vigilante and he is trying to save England from an authoritarian regime. I am personally a fan of "Orwell" like novels, but even if you don't like them, I'm sure that you will like this comic. Lots of crazy gangsters, crazy cops, and even a guy with a pretty awesome mask.

I like Batman so much, I got into an argument with my best friend on the reasons why Batman is better than Superman (If you are reading this, I'm sorry... Really sorry) I also have a Batman pin on my jacket next to my Siouxsie and the Banshees and Sonic Youth pins. If that isn't dedication, then I can't tell you what is. My school library is kind of wack, so I have to fight off a pack of small children at the local library to get my fix of Batman (It is well worth it... Well worth it.) I think that I'll stencil my own Batman shirt... But I don't want to get sued.

I used to be a HUGE manga fan, but I kind of stooped reading the past couple of years. My favorite mangas are Kodocha (childs toy), Yotsuba&!, and Azumanga Daioh. If you are looking for a quick and funny read, check out Azumanga Daioh: all the funnyness of school, and all of the niceness of the comic book.

So yeah, I'm still on "academic vacation" so I'm not going to be online as much as I normally do. If you want to do some reading, check out my music blog. No, my major posts are still in development, so don't fret if there are nothing but videos.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment