Friday, July 16, 2010

What I did at band practice: Day 5

The last full day of band practice before the big gig! If this was the Friday before any debate meet, I would be wigging out. It's diffrent this time because it isn't my friends basement, or someones backyard birthday party. This gig is on a stage and this gig has bright lights. This wont be a coffee shop, and it isnt'a school band concert. This is legit. I don't know how I really feel, its a mix of hyper and kind of nervous. I don't do too much during the song (wait, I do some playing) but the solo/bridge/breakdown is where it really is at.  If the drummer keeps up, then I'll be fine, if they don't keep up I'll be going on my own beat and will most likely be screwed (but I should be able to fight through the errors). Another thing, if our vocalist forgets the second verse...then we go to the bridge. You know what I do, I'm off in my own guitar world spacing out and focusing on the 2 harmonizing cords that I play, and then its like... BAM! Play the solo! Play it! annd I end up over thinking my simple solo. Ok, enough of me talking, let me do the run down thing:

800-9:ish: Get there and mindless chatter on something that I don't remember (well I really just forgot it, but it should pop into my head later)
10:00-12:00:  Practice #1
1:00 - 5 ish: Practcice #2

Not a lot right? The less stuff we do , the better I feel. But the longer we do it, the more tired I get. Looks like I'm not watching South Park today... Friday 5 will be around later, and I will also update my other blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment