Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I did at band practice: Day 3

So we got something done today! We only have 3 days left until the gig and I'm starting to get nervous. The solo is bangin as normal, and the band is starting to get the songs down like paste on paper. Our band is going last though, so we are not that nervous about playing. Practice today was kind of weird because we spent the better part of an hour "discussing" song structure. I hope that we can actually jam and make our songs "solid" tomorrow, because if we don't, we are gong to be screwed.

Once again, here is the hourly breakdown.

8:00: Friends house
9:00 - 11:00: Practice
12:00: Lunch time
1:00 - 3:45: More practice time.
4:15 - 5:00: Practice with talking.



I might be kicking myself later, but I gave our tab to our band manager. The crazy thing is that they play music, (in a band) and it could be a hit! I might be getting ahead of myself, but its ok. All I care about is getting credit for writing part of it (ie. the solo). If  I get credit, then I'm fine with it.

I think that this is my entry for the day, I got to change some songs around (again). I'll be here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment